Information is valuable. If you’ve ever looked up a piece of information on the internet to satisfy your curiosity, then you have demonstrated this.
Every piece of information has value to somebody, and if you own an online business, information such as Facebook statistics can be vital to the growth of your venture.
The social media phenomenon launched by Mark Zuckerberg and his Harvard College roommates in 2004 has now grown into a multi-billion investment, and become the fifth most valuable public company in the world.
Facebook has become so profitable, that its net income for the first quarter of 2016 was a staggering $1.51 billion. Here are other Facebook numbers that you should take note of:
- There are 1.71 billion monthly active users (as of July 2016)
- 823M of those are mobile-only users
- There are 1.083 billion daily active users
- 47% of Facebook users only access the platform through mobile
- Facebook adds 500,000 new users every day; 6 new profiles every second
- 72% of all US online adults visit Facebook at least once a month
- Worldwide, 38.6% of the online population use Facebook
Clearly, Facebook has a massive and active social network of users, which makes it a veritable resource to promote and market your business.
With the use of tools such as Facebook Page Statistics and Facebook Ads, you can modify your marketing behaviors and methods to enhance your attractiveness to customers. You’ll be able to create pages/ads, manage discussions, post quality content, and do so much more to attain an enviable reputation on the social media site.
If you’re interested in enhancing your social media presence but don’t know where to start, don’t hesitate to consult a social media marketing professional.
THE 6 METRICS THAT DETERMINE YOUR SUCCESS ON FACEBOOK, ducttapemarketing.com
Marketing: 47 Facebook Statistics for 2016, brandwatch.com